What is the Barbell Course?
The StrongFirst Barbell Course teaches you how to maximize your strength potential using this classic tool. We take the same principles our kettlebell training is based upon, and use them to build greater absolute strength that will carry over to your sport or serve you in everyday life. Louie Simmons, one the world’s leading powerlifting coaches said of the StrongFirst methods, “You have reverse-engineered what my strongest guys do naturally.”
The Barbell Course curriculum, designed by Pavel and Chief SFL Dr. Michael Hartle, is taught by a select few SFL Instructors, all hand-picked for their ability to teach and demonstrate these techniques to others. Whether you have no barbell experience or have been training with the bar for years and are finally ready to get strong, this Course is for you.
You will learn:
- Back squat
- Military Press
- Technique. We take the exercises apart and put them back together strong. Our cues and progressions are one of a kind in the industry. The learning curve of our students is the steepest, guaranteed!
- Principle. Like all of our curriculum, the barbell methodology is principle-based. The movements are different because the tool is different, but the principles of “strength as a skill” remain the same.
- Focus. As with all our Courses, the material is both narrow and deep. You will spend a full day on the most high-yield barbell exercises. The deadlift: the ultimate test of strength and one of the most powerful full-body muscle builders. The back squat: the most powerful leg developer and the easiest way to quickly put on muscle mass. The military press: the classic test of upper-body strength and a powerful muscle builder, taught in the same technique used by Soviet weightlifters in the golden era of the strict overhead press.
- Strength. The kettlebell is the entry point into strength. Properly used, it teaches priceless movement lessons that prepare you for safe and effective barbell training. But the kettlebell can only go so far in development of absolute strength. Enter the Barbell Course.
- Safety. Many people injure themselves under the bar. The cause of these injuries is incorrect technique or poor programming. Learn the right technique on the classic barbell exercises. Learn safe and effective programming to “raise the bar” for years to come.
- Education. Once you have learned the proper technique, you will be instructed in foolproof programming to guide you in your first years under the bar.