What is the Bodyweight Course?
The StrongFirst Bodyweight Course teaches you how to get a powerlifting-quality strength workout, anytime, anywhere, and using only your bodyweight as resistance. Theodore Roosevelt got it right when he said, “Do what you can with what you have where you are.” We will equip you to do just that.
Even more importantly, this Course approaches bodyweight exercise with the same principles that underline our kettlebell and barbell training. We have looked at what makes people strong and applied what we’ve learned to training without equipment.
This curriculum, developed by Pavel, is taught by a short list of qualified SFBs all hand-picked for their skill and ability to teach. Don’t waste your time with high-rep bodyweight calisthenics—learn how to use your own body the right way to get truly strong.
At the Bodyweight Course, you will learn the:
- Pushup, and variations to help achieve a one-arm pushup
- Single-leg squats and the progressions that build to the Pistol
- Tactical Pull-up
- Abdominal exercises
- Principle. All of our training is principle-based, and the principles remain the same regardless of the tool. The tool simply shifts from the kettlebell or barbell to the body. As the Marines say, “One mind. Any weapon.”
- Focus. Instead of teaching you dozens of movements, we narrow it down to the basics and we do the basics better than anyone else. The best always do.
- People. Our Bodyweight Courses are taught by a small group of SFB Instructors all hand-selected by Pavel or Chief SFB Karen Smith for their ability to teach and their mastery of these basics.
- Portability. No other training program travels as well as bodyweight training. One you have taken this Course, you will never again have travel as an excuse to not get an effective strength training practice session.
- Strength. Students will make immediate strength and performance gains once they learn the fundamentals, especially the tension lessons taught in this Course. These strength skills are also completely adaptable to other endeavors and training disciplines.
- Education. The single-day Bodyweight Course is not an Instructor Certification. It is designed for all people who want to be able use their own bodyweight as resistance in their strength training. We will teach you the foundational movements as well as the exercise progressions to achieve these foundational movements. Learn the principles of bodyweight strength and program design, refined and condensed from Russian methodology.